Thursday, October 14, 2010

LIFE.LOVE.REGRET.

This post is nothing more than appreciation for what has to be, one of the most important bands to come out of the SoCal scene, UNBROKEN.

Anyone who knows me will vouch for how much I love this band. It even drove me to fly over and see them as well as a number of other bands for the Burning Fight shows last year (my posts regarding my time in the US and this show are on this blog). Instead of my previous entries/ramblings as to why everyone NEEDS to hear this band, i'm just going to post the clips from their '98 Benefit Show for their former guitarist, Eric Allen, who committed suicide 3 years after the band broke up.

These clips were my first taste of unbroken 3 years ago and even to this day, whenever i watch these clips I still get chills down my spine. I've never seen a band that has put so much energy and emotion into a set as what I experienced at both Burning Fight shows.

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3


Part 4



Now to get in to the records. This post is mainly contributed to the fact that I recieved my copy of the Re-pressed version of the Unbroken discography from Indecision Records in the mail. The Discography is comprised of both their Lp's "Ritual" and "Life.Love.Regret.", as well as the collection of 7"s which were later released as the "It's Getting Tougher To Say The Right Things" LP. This is a must have for any Unbroken fan.


UNBROKEN - 3x DISCOGRAPHY LP REPRESS *CLEAR* (INDECISION RECORDS)

FRONT COVER



One of the highlights of this record is the fact that it includes the full lyrics compared to the original pressing from the Burning Fight shows which had no inserts or lyrics.


the band


the record


the complete package



UNBROKEN - 3X DISCOGRAPHY LP *GREY/WHITE* /528?
Here's the original pressing of the Discography that I was lucky enough to get my hands on after waiting in line for almost 40 minutes at the Burning Fight show. The line up was Undertow, Swing Kids, Threadbare and Portraits of Past @ the Glasshouse in Pamona. These were only to be sold at this show, so as soon as people got inside, they (as well as yours truly) ran straight for the merch area to get their hands on this record. I'm not definite on the actually number of records pressed, but from memory it was around the 530 mark, but i may be wrong.

The Cover


Lyrics from the song "Absentee Debate" which were printed on the inside of the cover.


The Records


The Complete Package


The Grey/White record is the Ritual LP, The White record is Life.Love.Regret and the Grey record is the It's Getting Tougher To Say The Right Things LP

1 comment:

  1. If you collect Unbroken vinyl you might want to check out the discography I'm working on. I didn't get to update it in a while and it will most likely be a couple of weeks before I get to upload more content but there's already something there: http://www.lifeloveunbroken.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete